Wow. This is More Work than I Anticipated..

Welcome to Frugal Mama! I hope to make this blog a place that a variety of different people will be drawn to, and a place to share my frugality and creativity.

This is my very first blog post. I know I'm late getting into the game, but now that I'm unemployed (and loving it) I thought I'd give it a try. It's been a while since I've written anything intended for others to read, so please forgive me if I'm a little rusty.

Ok, so a little about me. I'm 29 and I've been married to my husband Adam for 7 years. We own a house in Topsham, Maine that sits on about 2 acres of land. We have three children together. Avery, who just started Kindergarten, is 5 years old. Aiden, my birthday baby (we share one) is 3 and Ahren, the baby, will be 2 at the end of this month.

Up until late August of this year I had been a public Pre-K teacher for three years. I loved teaching for the most part, but hated the place where I worked. They were (surprisingly) not pro-children and it was very difficult to work at a place which did not share my philosophies on the care and education of children. When I left it was a huge relief. I still feel like I'm riding the wave of "high" that I got after leaving. It was one of the smartest decisions I've ever made in my life. That's not to say that things haven't been hard. We can't survive without my income and we have a pricy mortgage. We're working on that, and we're working on finding me a job that I can do at home or at least something that I can do in the evenings so that I can still stay home with the boys during the day. That has been the best part of this whole situation--spending some real quality time with my children. I'm here in the morning when Avery gets on the bus to go to school, and I'm here in the afternoon when she returns. All day long I have hours to spend playing, singing and laughing with my boys. It's been amazing! I have so much more time now for the other essentials when you're a mom/wife/homeowner, too. I can mow the lawn, clean out the closets and scrub every floor in the house. This whole experience has been absolutely liberating and I'm wishing and hoping that we're able to find a way for this to continue.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ Frugal Mama | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger